Love to Live & Live to Love

Monday, March 28, 2011

A list to live by.

Yesterday morning I skipped church.

Well, not really.  I was there but instead of going into the service, I snuck away to a quiet room and spent some time with the Lord. 

It was a good thing to do.

Ever since I can remember, I have kept a journal.  I love to write and every now and then, I go back through my journal's pages to read what I've written so that I can see the journey I am on more clearly.

I spent some time doing that yesterday morning and as I did,
I came across so many of my favourite quotes and sayings. 
I couldn't help but think how good it would be to put them all in one place.  Oh!  I know!  A list!  I love lists!  I live by them! 

Really.  They act as a compass for my days.

And so, below you'll find a new list.  I'm calling this one; A List to Live By, since it consists of words that have inspired me to live a better life over the last few years.  (Some of the authors are unknown to me so I can't always give credit to the right person, but all of the following sayings are not my own.)

A List to Live By
  • Believe you are who God says you are: adopted, blessed, forgiven, redeemed, chosen and loved.  Beth Moore
  • Wise choices will watch over you,  understanding will keep you safe.  Proverbs 2:11
  • Embrace life
  • Stay curious
  • Be the change you want to see happen.  Ghandi
  • Today is the day!
  • Be kinder than necessary.
  • Act as if what you do makes a difference.  It does.
  • Live for an audience of One.
  • Do not fear what obedience will cause to happen in your life.  Fear what disobedience will cause you to miss.  Lysa Terkurst
  • If something matters than everything matters.  Because you are important, everything you do is important.  Every time you forgive, the universe changes, every time you reach out and touch a heart or a life, the world changes.  The Shack
  • Jesus direct my heart in God's love and Christ's perseverance.  2 Thess. 3:5


I love my new list and I can't wait to add more "words to live by" as I come across them on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment