Love to Live & Live to Love

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today is the Day

Its been a long time since I've been inside a gym.  I used to workout regularly when I was younger (and had the time, energy and inclination!)  Since having kids, I've taken to walking a few kms most mornings before everyone else gets up.  Way too early.  In the dark and in the cold.  And the other morning, I wondered why?  As much as I love these quiet times with the Lord, I'm cold and I'm tired and well having just celebrated a birthday last week, I think I'm just plain getting too old for this!  Hmmmmm.....maybe I could do what normal people do.....go to the gym. So with much trepidation I packed up my sneakers and work out gear, grabbed a water bottle and headed to the gym. 
My plan was to get there early so that it wouldn't be busy.  Didn't!  The parking lot was full.  I almost turned around but decided to just take a deep breath, get out of the car and at least go inside and look around.
I was pleasantly surprised by everything;  the young man at the reception desk was incredibly nice, the locker room was spacious, clean and had a kind of spa feel, the treadmills even looked familiar and not all that scary.  After a few pushes of buttons, I was up and walking.
40 minutes later, I was so proud of myself for two things; not falling off the treadmill and getting out of my comfort zone and doing something "new".
I even couldn't stop from singing all the way home;

Today is the day you have made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what you say!
Today is the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment