Love to Live & Live to Love

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Turning 10

"I just want to celebrate another day of living.  I just want to celebrate another day of life."
Great lyrics from a great song and the one that plays every time my now 10 year old son opens up the birthday card we got him.
Birthdays are big reasons to celebrate in our house.  We do them up with music, balloons, fancy table settings, special surprises and lots of cake!  Yesterday was no exception.  My sweet little Zachary entered the "double digits" and turned 10.
Where does time go Zach?  It seems like just yesterday I was wrapping you up in your favourite baby sleeper and snuggling you tight.
So many wonderful memories. 
So much to love about you.....
  • the way you are small in stature but so might in heart
  • the way your smile lights up your whole face
  • the way you pursue your passions; whether on the ice, in the classroom, on the stage or at the easel
I love your....
  • courage
  • your sense of fairness
  • your quiet thoughtfulness
  • your need to think things through
I love how you care so deeply about others

I love how you chase butterflies and still make sure no living thing is behind the van when I go to pull out of the driveway.

I know God is going to use you in big ways.

How blessed I am to be your mom!

Happy Birthday sweetie!

Love you more xo

No comments:

Post a Comment