Love to Live & Live to Love

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Last day of School

How can time go by so quickly?
It seems like just yesterday, not 10 months ago, that I was labelling supplies and organizing backpacks for a new school year.
Tomorrow is the last day of that school year.
The last day of grade 6, grade 4 and grade 1 for my three boys.
It's hard not to feel melancholy.
For me the end of school marks the passing of time.
How can my boys be already so grown up?

I also feel thankful.
Thankful for good teachers, a safe school, new opportunities, solid friendships, freedom to learn and play.  All the blessings big and small that have enriched my boys' lives this year.
Most of all I am so grateful for a God who watches over them and covers them with grace, mercy and love, when I can not be there. 

I am so thankful.

Tomorrow summer break begins.

But tonight I am counting my blessings and trusting in God for whatever next September brings.

For it is by faith that I bless my children.  I have confidence in what God will do in their future.  Hebrews 11:20

No comments:

Post a Comment