Love to Live & Live to Love

Friday, December 30, 2011

it's a new day

"It's a new day and it's going to be a great one"


I tend to be a worrier.  I almost always wake up with a to-do list that just keeps growing before my feet even hit the floor.
Sometimes this makes me grumpy and uptight before the day has even begun.
Sometimes it makes me rush past my 7 year old who's eagerly waiting for his good morning hug.
Sometimes it makes me impatient with my 5 year old while she's choosing her outfit for the day.
Sometimes it makes me inattentive to my 12 year old's thoughts.
Sometimes it makes me insensitive to my 10 year old's needs.
Many mornings I wish I could hit the rewind button and start again.  Better.
I was reading an article last night that suggested us A-personality types start our day with positive thoughts, not a to-do list.
So, I decided to give it a try.
Before I had time to organize my thoughts this morning I said a silent prayer, thanking and praising God for this new day.
I'm going to try it again tomorrow.
Because this morning it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment