Love to Live & Live to Love

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A new year. A new me?

A new year always brings out the hope in people. All around me I hear people hoping to have a better year. Goals are set. Objectives clear. 2012 is going to be the year that some things change.
Unfortunately for most of us , the goals we set in the time frame we give ourselves , are not easy to achieve. Frustration sets in. Old patterns creep back. And by mid January we have all but given up on this brand new year.
Hmmmm maybe what we all need right now is just a little bit of inspiration.
I came across a list on a blog called the change.
I love lists, especially ones that inspire me to be someone better. This list does exactly that. It's called 10 principles for personal development. And coming right on the heels of the list; 10 ways to love that I posted the other week, it's given me even more to think about and work towards.
Here it is.  I hope it just might inspire you too!


In 2012 I will:
  • Be loving toward all I meet
  • Forgive all who harm me
  • Become what I think therefore I will only think great things
  • Look for ways to strengthen those around me
  • Seek the truth
  • Be honest
  • Never waste what I have been given
  • Appreciate what I have
  • Cultivate a spirit of optimism
  • Deepen my faith in God

By the way, the picture at the top of this post is from the summit at Sugarloaf.  Amazing and completely inspiring in itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment