Love to Live & Live to Love

Monday, March 19, 2012

growing

Yesterday I posted some "words to live by".

One of the quotes, I have decided to make my year's verse.

Here it is:

Do your best to grow your faith.
You can do this by adding
goodness, understanding, self-control, patience,
devotion to God and concern for others.
This will make your life useful and meaningful.
                                                                         2 Peter 1:5-8

Wow.  Do I ever LOVE this verse.

Over the next while I'd like to spend some time, meditating on it and thinking of ways that I can really apply it to my life.

So here goes.
"Do my best to improve my faith"

Just like I try to "improve" my health or tackle a project with excellence, so I must also be diligent and active about strengthening my faith. 

How can I do this?

- reading and memorizing God's word

as Colossians 3:16 says;
Let the message of  Christ, in all it's richness
dwell in me richly

-asking Him to lead me throughout my day
-listen for and obey His voice (even if it seems crazy!)
-thank Him daily for all my blessings
-trust Him daily for all my needs
-journal His faithfulness, keep a record and review it when I need reminders
of faithful Jesus has been to me

No comments:

Post a Comment