Love to Live & Live to Love

Friday, December 28, 2012

project peace

My new year resolution is to seek out peace in my all areas of my life and relationships.
Wow.
That feels lofty after writing it down.
Not that my life is not peaceful. there are moments.
But with 4 kids, a dog, sports, school, work, a house, bills and life, that feeling of peace often goes out the window.
Ah ha and therein lies the problem for me- the feeling of peace goes out the window
So peace must be more than a feeling.
A practice?
A part of my character?
I'm not exactly sure what to call it right now but I hope to find out.

This morning, I read psalms 4 and verse 4 really spoke to me:

do not sin by letting anger control you
think about it overnight and remain silent

So many words to replace anger came to mind-

do not sin by letting jeaously, fatigue, negative thinking, criticalness, impatience...control you
think about it overnight and remain silent.

Remain silent. For I know that in silence peace can be found.

Jesus, please help me remain silent at times when my emotions threaten to steal my peace and therefore the peace of those around me. Remind me to choose silence today over sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment