Love to Live & Live to Love

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lessons from the Van

Like most moms I know, I spend a lot of time driving.  With four very active kids, it seems like we are always on the go. 
I even, sometimes, well, as much as I hate to admit this...... have them do their homework in the van. 

Yesterday was one of those aforementioned days.  While waiting for my older two boys to come out of school, my 6 year old son finished his homework and then placed his workbook on the passenger seat for me to sign.  After several minutes spent searching for a pen, I glanced over at his book and then focused sharply. 

Was I seeing things? 
Did he really write what I thought he did? 

Wait, its too bright.  I need to move out of the sun
so I can see better...




There it was.

                "I love my sister."

    Jonah's sentence for the day.


Jonah did you just write this?
He looked almost afraid to answer such a ridiculous question.  Had he not just handed me the book to sign?

Aw, honey, you love your sister?!  That is so wonderful!
Again, he looked unsure as to what to do.

I wasn't sure either.  Something deep inside of me wanted to shout for joy.  I had to fight the urge to roll down the window and share my good news with my fellow kissn'riders.  My son loves his sister!  They're not fighting!  I must be doing something right!

Thankfully, sanity prevailed and instead I hugged him. Then I took some pictures so that in a few hours time when they're both running at me to tell on the other, the three of us can take a moment to remember what being a family is really all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment