Love to Live & Live to Love

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Miracle of Love

"To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others."  Francois Mauriac

As I mentioned in a previous post, I brought home several beautiful coffee table books from our local library to display and enjoy.  I must say they complete my coffee table and I have thoroughly enjoyed flipping through their pages.

One book; Glorious Weddings, has particularly captivated my attention.  It might be because my 6 year old son when trying to pronounce it's title asked me if it was a book on "Ferocious Weddings"!  I have been giggling about that ever since.  I'm not sure what a book on ferocious weddings would look like!

Offray Glorious Weddings: Traditions, Inspirations and Handmade Ribbon TreasuresThis book is full of gorgeous photographs and interesting pieces of information about marriage and weddings that I simply never knew.  For instance, did you know that the tradition of the bride standing to the left of her groom dates back to the time of marriage by capture, as this positioning allowed the man to keep his right hand free for defense?  Hmm, marriage by capture...now that just might be something for my son's "ferocious weddings" book!

Maybe its the month, but love has definitely been on my mind. 

I feel so blessed by the love of my sweet family.  I want to treasure, honour and cherish the miracle of their love every day. 

Love is patient; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude.
Love does not insist on its on way; it is not resentful; it does not rejoice in wrong.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends....So faith, hope, love abide, these three;
but the greatest of these is love.  1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13




No comments:

Post a Comment