Love to Live & Live to Love

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Job 42:12

What better example of a man who's trust in God could be understandably shaken than Job? Yet while his family, home, crops and health failed, God was planning on giving him double of what he had lost. Job didn't know that though. Yet his trust in God remained firm.

Sometimes it's because of my past.
Sometimes it's my present circumstances that shake my trust.
Sometimes it's just that little voice in my head that says if God really loves you then why...?

In Hebrews Paul reminds us that "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and confident of what we can not see."

Just as King Hezekiah never wavered. Just as Job's faith held strong, so I want my trust in God to be.

Sweet Jesus please help me keep my eyes on you and you alone so that no matter what I am facing in my life, my trust in You will not be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment