Love to Live & Live to Love

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yesterday I posted this verse:

Hezekiah trusted the Lord, the God of Israel and there was no other king like him in all of Judah. 2 Kings 18:4-6

I had never heard of King Hezekiah but since I was intrigued by the statement that there was no other King like him, I did some research to try and discover what made him so unique. I found out that this King was courageous. He was wise. He was careful with his speech. He was not afraid to do the right thing. He reigned for 29 years.  And in those 29 years, never wavered.
Other than the fact that the bible says he trusted the Lord, I don't know any other details about Hezekiah's relationship with God.
However a relationship of trust must be based on time spent with someone. I have no doubt then that Hezekiah spent time talking with and listening to God. 2 Kings Chapter 18 also says that Hezekiah was faithful to God. In good times and in bad. Because he trusted Him.
Trusted without wavering.
Thank you Jesus for introducing me to King Hezekiah
and inspiring my heart through his legacy of trusting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment