Love to Live & Live to Love

Monday, January 16, 2012

What you DO speaks so loud
I can't hear what you say.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Actions speak louder than words.
I know that.
Many times throughout my life I have been both victim and perpetrator of spoken hypocrisy.
This morning, I was reviewing the list 10 Ways to Love and the second item; "speak without accusing" jumped out at me.
I admit this is an area of struggle for me.  I absolutely LOVE my family but they might not always feel that from me.  It takes a lot of organization to keep this home running and sometimes I feel that my role is to bark one order after another at my troops.
Wait a minute, my role?  Or the role I've assumed?
I want to be the type of mom that speaks words of life over my children.  That inspires them, encourages them and assures them they are loved.
There is a time and place for direction but lately that feels like all I am doing with my kids.
And this I would like to change.

Sweet Jesus, please help me speak words of life over my children.  Convict me when I don't and show me how I can be different.
Thank you for giving me the privilege of being their mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment