Love to Live & Live to Love

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yesterday, while waiting for my two youngest children to come out of school, I decided to use the time to respond to a few emails and clear out my inbox.  In the process, I came across this beautiful, sweet, simple prayer from Proverbs 31 Ministries;  "Jesus, help me to remember that the demands I feel in my life, do not give me permission to be demanding of others."
Ah. What a perfectly timed reminder.
I found myself repeating that prayer many times yesterday and started my day with it this morning.
If you're anything like me, your heart's desire is to be gracious to others, and again, if you're anything like me, the stress and pressure of super busy days can make that grace all but disappear.
Thankfully Jesus understands the life of a mom.
He is abounding in grace; for us and for others.  Always.  No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment